This is a NSP course that is available for NSP Patrollers as well as the general public. The course involves 8 hours of classroom and 16 hours of field work;
- January 7, 2014 from 6:00 to 10:00 PM in Claremont, CA
- January 9, 2014 from 6:00 to 10:00 PM in Claremont, CA
- January 11, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- January 12, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
* The field work will take place at Mt. Baldy. If there is a lack of snow, we may move the field sessions to either the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort (LSSVR) or the Mammoth backcountry.
Notice: Anyone who is interested in this class is advised that we will be traveling in avalanche terrain and this course requires advanced skiing/boarding skills. Anyone interested should be able to travel in terrain similar to the face of Mt. Baldy or Mt. Waterman. This is not a course for those who have difficulty with mixed snow conditions in steep terrain.
Click Here to Enroll: Avalanche Level I for the Rescue Professional
The cost for the course is $100 for NSP Patrollers & SAR team members and $175 for the General Public. This course is dependent upon natural snow and the dates may have to change if we do not receive enough snow for the course.